The Hendry LaBelle Dog Park is the very first public dog park to be established in the LaBelle area. It was founded in 2010 largely on behalf of the Women's Club of LaBelle.
The park provides two enclosed areas, one specifically for smaller breed dogs and the other for larger breeds.
Dog Park Rules
- Hours: Sunrise to Sunset
- Dogs must be current on all vaccinations. Proof of a current rabies vaccination and license is required upon request of a police or animal control officer. Tags may serve as proof.
- Dogs must have a Hendry County dog license. Dogs should also wear an owner identification tag at all times.
- Dog must be leashed when entering and exiting the Dog Park.
- All off leash dogs must be under voice control of their owners. If you cannot control your dog off leash, keep your pet leashed at all times.
- Dog owners must keep their leash in hand at all times.
- For the safety of your dog(s) and other park visitors, choke, prong (pinch) and spike collars are strictly prohibited. If you use these types of collars, remove them before entering the park.
- No children under the age of 16 are permitted unless accompanied by an adult. Children have a tendency to scream and run when excited, which can trigger a dog's prey drive or natural instinct to chase. For this reason and for the safety of your children, we do not recommend bringing small children and infants into the dog park.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on the premises. Dogs must be removed at the first sign of aggression.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited from entering the park.
- Dog owners must be in the park and within view of their dogs at all times.
- Please do not bring food into the park.
- Owner must clean up dog feces. Seal waste in the provided plastic bags before disposing in designated receptacles.
- Fill any holes your dog digs.
- Failure to abide by the park rules may result in loss of privileges.
Reserve This Park
If you are interested in reserving this park for private use, please fill out the form below. One of our staff will reach out to you shortly to finalize your reservation. Thank you!